Book Contest

Book Contest
What saying (dealing with fraud) does this picture represent?

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Show me who your friends are and I will tell you the kind of person you are."

Below is a picture of my bro, the "outlaw" Jesse James, CEO, South Pacific Development Group, LLC. A person wrote in recently and wanted information about the phrase, "show me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are." The meaning of this quote is from Euripides (480BC-406BC) who said: “Everyman is like the company he is wont to keep.” In this quote, wont (which is old-fashioned, informal English) is an adjective meaning in the habit of doing something. Accustomed is synonym for wont so, the saying means: "You are like the company you are accustomed to hanging around."

2 comments:

  1. here's an unknown author...."It's better to write for yourself and have no public.......then to write for a public and have no self."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like the quote at the bottom by F. Scott Fitzgerald: "I don't write because I want to say something, I write because I have something to say."

    ReplyDelete